International law firm recruiting a Senior Risk and Conflicts manager. Will lead a team so must have previous line management experience.Responsibilities include: Manage the Conflicts...
Our client is an international, City law firm with a huge span and excellent reputation. Their dedicated financial services team has extensive experience of advising investment funds in the UK and is widely recognised as one of the leading advisers in the sector.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join a dynamic team of fund distribution and regulatory professionals who provide expert advice on and support cross border registration and compliance projects across the globe. The team is experienced at advising on the structuring, launch and marketing of investment funds in all the main fund centres. They specialise in the global distribution of funds, including Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) and Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS), and advising clients on market entry, optimising opportunities and ongoing compliance. They are also responsible for co-ordinating regulatory advice and filings across multiple jurisdictions to ensure regulatory compliance
The successful candidate will report to the head of the fund registration and regulatory service and the head of financial services. You will be the day-to-day contact for clients, lawyers, translators and other service providers, be helping to manage the team and undertaking a range of duties which will include:
- Registering funds in Europe and worldwide
- Co-ordinating due diligence on regulatory requirements
- Monitoring on-going obligations in respect of all registrations
- Co-ordinating regulatory filings
- Reviewing and amending fund documentation
- Drafting standard letters, preparing forms and checklists
- Creating and maintaining status reports and tools
- Preparing estimates, invoices and billing narratives and maintaining billing records
- Conducting regular relationship meetings with key clients, creating agendas and taking minutes as appropriate
- Creating and maintaining new sites on the websites; administering access; training clients etc
- Drafting, amending and reviewing commercial agreements
- Researching current legal issues and preparing reports and briefings
Skills and experience required:
- A legal/compliance background to include experience in a similar funds role
- International registration experience preferred and knowledge of the regulatory and corporate environment for UCITS/AIFMD funds
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships and to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes
- Strong team player, collaborative and cooperative approach to tasks with strong organisation and project management skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS application skills
For more information , please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.