My client (law firm) is currently looking for a Risk and Compliance Lawyer to join the team and work with the Head of Risk &...
Our client is a Top 100, award winning law firm seeking to strengthen their risk and compliance team in the Wimbledon office. They are currently recruiting for a Governance and Risk Executive - this is a varied role and requires knowledge and experience of the all areas of risk and compliance within a law firm/professional services firm - this includes information security and data protection.
In this role, you will assist the Governance and Risk team to achieve compliance with the requirements of the SRA, the ICO and other legislative requirements, and to maintain the firm's accreditations. You will also be expected to engage with members of the firm across the offices to assist in promoting an understanding of risk to drive compliance, continual improvement and improve the client experience. You will report to the Head of Risk and work alongside a Governance and Risk Manager and Compliance Coordinator in a team of four. The role will also include:
- Handling queries on issues of professional conduct, regulatory issues and internal procedures, for example: Confidentiality, Conflict of interests, GDPR/data breaches, Client on-boarding, Claims, Complaints and Quality.
- Identification of risk controls for matter management.
- Participating, as required, in the review and update of the firm's policies and procedures.
- Undertaking internal audits of both matter files and business processes.
- Preparing and delivering risk and compliance training.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent with experience of working in a similar role (to include dealing with a range of compliance matters/queries) within a law firm.
- Experience of reviewing data and producing reports, working in a firm with a quality management system and carrying out internal audit.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure, to juggle multiple deadlines and to manage the expectations of demanding internal client as part of a team whilst being able to manage an individual workload.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a commitment to meeting consistently high standards and excellent attention to detail, grammar and proof reading skills.
Salary is expected to be in the region of £30,000 - £35,000.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.