Our client is a leading law firm; they are recruiting for a Senior Compliance Analyst, to work within a busy Compliance team on two main...
Our client is a leading law firm; they are recruiting for a Senior Compliance Analyst, to work within a busy Compliance team on two main areas - Conflicts; and Anti-money laundering (AML), including customer due diligence (CDD). This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Duties will include:Conflicts of interest
- Carrying out conflicts searches using data submitted by partners and other fee earners & reporting back on the results
- Identifying potential conflicts issues and escalating them as required as well as assisting with any legal research and analysis which may be requiredAML
- Dealing with the Firm's more difficult CDD issues, particularly in relation to companies and trusts (analysing documents provided by clients and advising whether further information is needed)
- Advising on CDD requirements for overseas offices which may differ from the UK approach
- Carrying out risk assessments at client inception and also when CDD records are updated to see whether the client presents a higher than usual risk of money laundering
- Carrying out research to establish whether there is any adverse press about a prospective client and assessing its relevance
- Providing AML training to support staff
- Carrying out searches to identify whether a client is a politically exposed person (PEP) and preparing emails for Senior Management's approval
- Advising partners and other fee earners on source of wealth and funds checks
- Advising Finance on frequently asked questions relating to billing and file opening
- Sanctions screening
- Advising Finance, partners and fee earners on third party payments and additional due diligence requirements
Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge of CDD requirements gained as a result of previous experience within a law firm Compliance team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with clients, partners, fee earners and support staff
- Conscientious and methodical with excellent attention to detail, highly organised and capable of managing conflicting priorities & deadlines, pro-active and demonstrable experience of using initiative
- Good IT skills including proficient use of Excel, Word and Outlook, previous experience with Elite and would be an advantage
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.