Commercial Property Solicitor Top Progression ProspectsWoking3-10 PQE£40,000-£48,000 ++ DOEOur client is a nationally recognised boutique firm looking to add a skilled individual to their highly...
Our client is a private wealth and property law firm which has been providing legal services for nearly 300 years. This is an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant looking to further their career in Property law to join their Property Department based in London. The team acts for a number of established and high profile clients and high net worth individuals. It aims to provide a highly organised, efficient and cost effective service to existing clients and to build on this reputation to further grow the practice.
The purpose of this role is primarily to assist/deal with management transactions especially licences to assign underlet and alter, (includes the preparation of draft documentation), deeds of variation etc. for urban estate clients. The successful candidate will also cover a wide range of property management matters (both commercial and residential) including lettings, surrenders and dealing with residential sales and purchases for private clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Management work for urban estate landlords holding mixed use portfolios comprising of retail, office residential and other properties;
- Collating regular updates and reports for clients;
- Managing own file administration;
- Assisting on sales and purchases of high value residential property;
- Assisting on due diligence for large-scale investment projects;
- Assisting with marketing materials and pitch documentation.
- The role will be pressurised from time to time and candidates will need to be grounded and able to use their own initiative and be quick-thinking and flexible in their approach to their work. Our client is looking for someone who will be able to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner;
- Previous experience of working within Property law is an advantage but is not necessary, however, an ability to learn and be willing to do this work is required;
- Our client will consider both graduates with a strong academic background who have a law degree or GDL as a minimum where they have no prior experience working within Property law and experienced Paralegals/Legal Assistants - Candidates with experience may be ILEX qualified or have an interest in working towards qualification;
- A strong desire to further your career in Property law in a highly regarded team working with high profile clients;
- A good team player with a willingness to pick up work and support colleagues during busy periods;
- Ability to manage multiple files and meet deadlines and to understand and deal with complex title structures or a keen willingness to learn;
The salary range is broad - £22,000 - £40,000 to reflect they are willing to consider candidates who have the legal qualifications but not necessarily the experience as well as those who have carried out a similar role previously.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.