Our client is a global law firm and due to an increase in work, they are seeking an Audit, Risk & Compliance officer to join...
Our client is seeking a Patent Formalities Officer - This role may be based in Malvern or Farnborough.
The purpose of this role is to support the management of their diverse IP portfolio and the protection of new IP created by the business. The firm has technical expertise and knowledge in technologies predominantly used in the defence, aerospace and security markets, both in the UK and internationally. This role will involve providing integrated and indispensable support to the Patent Attorney team.
Duties will include:
- Provide general patent support to the Patent Attorneys, demonstrating self- motivation and ability to work autonomously.
- Deal with incoming mail and where appropriate prepare response on behalf of Attorneys.
- Update and maintain Document Management System (CPi) to ensure accurate information is recorded.
- Maintain accurate electronic files including classified applications (paper) and associated procedures.
- Quarterly Patent Renewals.
- Prepare documents ready for filing with accuracy and minimal supervision.
- File applications.
- Complete Formalities obligations on all patent applications.
- Produce annotated list of forthcoming actions for Attorneys on a regular basis, complete Formalities actions promptly ensuring all actions are completed within strict deadlines.
- Liaise with customers reporting application status on behalf of the Attorney and associated Formalities requirements.
- Liaise with Patent Offices, foreign agents, outsourcing agents, updating records, chasing when required - Highlight issues which deviate from the normal operating process, research and suggest possible solutions
- Maintain records of invoices received and deposit accounts, reconciling fee sheets to statements.
- Ideally qualified Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys - Patent Administrator, or studying or with the experience to undertake the role as described. Knowledge of Trademark formalities is desirable.
- The ability to understand, and work effectively, in a complex organisation, efficiently managing multiple work streams and competing priorities with sound judgment and the ability to manage busy workloads in order to meet deadlines and business needs.
- A team player, with strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
This role requires security clearance.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career. For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.