This is an excellent opportunity to work with a market leading national law firm whose construction team is going from strength to strength. If you...
Our client is a well-established and highly-regarded law firm seeking a paralegal with commercial litigation experience to join their private contentious team in London. You will have excellent academics having completed a law degree or equivalent. Completion of the LPC is not essential but interested candidates must be happy to commit to this role on a full-time, fixed term contract basis for 6 months. There is the possibility that the role may be extended after that time.
Excellent attention to detail is essential and there will be a grammar/proof reading test to be completed at interview.
The role is paying up to £27,000 depending on experience.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of legal documents as required. Proofreading and updating documents, using initiative to flag queries.
- Creating court bundles and maintaining register of bundles on active matters.
- Typing and amending attendance notes, letters and other documents as required, using Microsoft Office and the Document Management System.
- Regularly, frequently and accurately maintain and update correspondence and other filing.
- File opening and closing, retainer letters and conflict checks.
- Researching, analysing and interpreting general business periodicals and professional journals, annual reports etc.
- Attending court hearings, mediation meetings and telephone conferences with internal team, clients, opponents, experts, court and other parties.
- Paginating exhibits/documents.
- Cross referencing exhibits.
- Obtaining land registry and companies house documents.
- Dealing with probate registry matters for the team
- Liaising with: The Court of Protection and Office of the Public Guardian; clients, opponents, experts, court and in a timely, professional and courteous manner & other departments as and when required.
- Maintaining client contact details on database.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly bills.
- Delivering documents to counsel, client and others.
Candidates must have a keen interest in this area of work, be resilient as the work will sometimes be emotional and be extremely personable as client care is really important.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.