Our client is a full service national law firm; they are looking for an experienced secretary to join their growing Regulatory Compliance team in their...
Our client is a full service national law firm; they are looking for an experienced secretary to join their growing Regulatory Compliance team in their London office. They are ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories and are offering a competitive benefits package and a salary of £32,000 - £34,000.
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for admin tasks to free up lawyers to allow them to concentrate on business creation and fee income, the successful candidate will provide PA/secretarial support role to the London office partner and lawyers within the Regulatory Compliance team.
Interested candidates must have experience in a legal environment.
Duties will include:
- Accurately type digital dictation and copy type from draft documents
- Arrange the saving to DMS and dissemination of incoming post and the signing, saving to DMS and dispatch of outgoing mail/DX/email
- Deal with incoming calls, taking clear written messages when lawyers are not available
- Manage the diaries of lawyers for whom you are responsible
- Arrange meetings with colleagues, clients and intermediaries, including booking venue/refreshments where appropriate
- Help to arrange lawyers' attendance at external meetings, including collating relevant information (such as pre-visit checklists) and helping to plan travel and accommodation
- Help to arrange events and mailings, including the uploading of relevant notes
- Monitor e-mail inboxes if lawyers are absent, dealing with emails as appropriate to maintain timely communications on behalf of the firm
- Produce documents in a professional and accurate manner
- Copy, bind, save and share documents as required
- Help to open new files and maintain them in an orderly way (including filing relevant documents where appropriate)
- Assist with billing, including that for work done, fixed fee products and retainers and help to manage the renewal process for clients purchasing retainer services (in particular academies' retainers)
- Close files in accordance with archiving procedures
- *Attend team meetings and minute them as required
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.