Excellent opportunity for an experienced Residential Conveyancing Legal Secretary to join a leading South East firm.Based in Guildford you will enjoy an interesting role providing...
Our client is one of the UK's top 100 law firms; they are commercially astute with a strong international focus, serving a wide range of corporate, institutional and private clients.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading property department; the position has arisen due to growth and they are looking for someone who is astute, motivated and enthusiastic. Working hours are 09.30 am - 5.30 pm, Monday - Friday (flexibility may be required on occasion where the work necessitates); they offer exceptional training and career development and the salary is £36,000 - £38,000.
As a legal secretary in the property department, your role will be to support the partners and other fee earners of the department across a wide range of activities including secretarial and administrative services. You will be required to take a proactive role in the continued enhancement of working practices, maintaining and constantly improving quality standards.
Duties will include:
- Provide a full secretarial service to partners and other fee earners, co-ordinating all fee earner workloads and prioritising as required
- Ensure that dictations and other tasks are carried out promptly and efficiently
- Type correspondence by both audio and copy typing and compile draft replies to standard letters, ensuring that all correspondence and documents are produced to the highest standard and are in line with the firm's house style
- Liaise with the document centre regarding the production of documents
- Open manual and electronic post, receive and answer communications as directed
- Filing (e-filing and paper filing), archiving and the document management system by organising and maintaining a comprehensive filing and document management system
- Have a good understanding of the importance of property procedures and follow these meticulously;
- Screen incoming calls, assisting clients with enquiries where possible
- Undertake scanning and copying or co-ordinate through the general office
- Diary management - schedule appointments (both internally and externally) using the electronic diary; and book meeting rooms, arrange lunches, travel arrangements and all other appointments as required by the fee-earners
- Finance administration support - expense claims, billing guides, invoicing, timesheets etc
- Strong academics
- At least 3 years previous relevant experience within the property department of a law firm
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and can demonstrate exceptional case management
- A track record of excellent direct client contact and client care
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Office packages, working knowledge of document management system and e-filing and a minimum typing speed of 65wpm.
In return they offer a competitive package and considerable scope for personal and professional development.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.