The purpose of the role is to ensure that the business meets their data protection regulatory records and compliance requirements and to provide an efficient...
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the business meets their data protection regulatory records and compliance requirements and to provide an efficient and effective support to the data protection teams and wider legal team especially in delivering the GDPR Project. The role is busy and varied and responsibilities range from programme administration and secretarial support to assistance on project work, arranging meetings, workshops and supporting internal matters within the greater legal function.
The role involves acting as a records manager and co-ordinator for data protection compliance documentation and in particular to support the data privacy officer in meeting any statutory accountabilities including under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It will involve:
- Being responsible for the establishment and effective and appropriate secure management of data protection compliance records that may need to be made available to a regulator on demand.
- Ensuring provision of accurate records for a range of operational and strategic purposes and ensure that legal obligations are met.
- Providing support to data protection knowledge and information management, as well as data protection information compliance.
- Responding to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations as specified
- Diary and meeting management;
- Processing of invoices;
- Travel arrangements;
- Administration and secretarial support;*Ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; and web based applications such as LiveLink, Casetrack and Lotus Notes;
- Processing of expenses;
- Event organisation
- Updating of intranet sites including Legalpedia for legal team;
- Recording and archiving of contracts;
- Arranging for Co Sec signing;
- New joiner and leaver set up, IT assistance and other ad hoc duties;
- Liaising with other departments and members of the wider legal team both in London and overseas;
- Liaising with external companies and law firms;
- Assisting lawyers and legal management support
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position;
- Experience in managing records;
- High levels of numeracy and literacy;
- Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel experience;
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.