Our client is a full service law firm with offices across the UK and globally. They are currently seeking a paralegal to join their commercial...
Our client is a full service law firm with offices across the UK and globally. They are currently seeking a paralegal to join their commercial and household recoveries team in Bristol - they offer a competitive salary and benefits and encourage career progression.
Duties will include:
- General recoveries tasks consisting of predominantly investigatory work on fast and multi-track claims
- Investigating liability on a variety of general recoveries claims, ranging from escapes of water, flooding, impact and fire damage etc.
- Handling own case load, including negotiating quantum and settlement of damages with third parties
- Carrying out preliminary investigations and evidence gathering
- Obtaining witness statements; contacting relevant parties to obtain salient documents; drafting letters of claim, issuing proceedings, disclosure, instructing Counsel/experts, progressing a file through to Trial.
- A degree in Law (LLB or equivalent) or Cilex qualification;
- *Interested in and willing to learn insurance property damage law and the technical aspects of construction and property investigation
- IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system
For further information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.