We are instructed on a very unique and exciting opportunity with a top City firm who are recruiting for one or potentially two Paralegals on...
Our client, a top international law firm, have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Analyst, working within a busy Compliance team and focusing on Customer due diligence ("CDD") and Conflicts of interest.
Customer due diligence:
- Carrying out CDD on a full range of clients including individuals, companies and trusts
- Answering queries from clients, partners, fee earners and other support staff about CDD requirements
- Analysing CDD material provided by clients and advising whether further information is needed to complete the CDD process
- Using a wide range of databases such as World Check, MINT, Companies House and Experian to obtain CDD information
- Carrying out searches against the HM Treasury consolidated sanctions list
- Assisting with providing training and with file audits
Conflicts of interest:
- Carrying out conflicts searches using data submitted by partners and other fee earners
- Reporting back to the partner/ fee earner on the results of the search
- Escalating potential conflicts issues to more senior members of the team
- Linking conflict searches with new matters once they have been opened on Elite
Skills and experience:
- The successful candidate will be a law graduate with a particular interest in anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with clients, partners, fee earners and support staff - essential.
- You will be conscientious and methodical with excellent attention to detail, highly organised and capable of managing conflicting priorities & deadlines
- Good IT skills including proficient use of Excel, Word and Outlook essential and previous experience with Elite and AML databases would be an advantage
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.