Our client is a global law firm and due to an increase in work, they are seeking an Audit, Risk & Compliance officer to join...
Our client is independently rated by The Legal 500 and Chambers Directory as one of the leading providers of legal services within health and social care, professional discipline and social housing. They are currently recruiting a Risk & Compliance Co-ordinator. This role will be based in their Wimbledon office.
This is a hands-on role responsible for the development and maintenance of effective risk management and compliance standards. You will work to achieve compliance with the requirements of the SRA and the ICO, and to maintain the firm's accreditations: ISO9001 (quality assurance), ISO27001 (information security) and Lexcel (practice management). You will also be expected to engage with members of the firm across their offices to assist in promoting an understanding of risk and to drive compliance and continual improvement. Key areas of responsibility will include:Responsible for setting up and monitoring Information Barriers;
- Assisting with organising internal audits and the annual external audits;
- Dealing with routine compliance enquiries on AML, conflicts and internal policy and procedure;
- Assisting with information security and data protection queries and keeping records in respect of any incidents up to date;
- Assisting with maintaining and developing risk registers;
- Liaising with partners and divisional heads to ensure that complaints are recorded and tracked to ensure responses are sent out in line with agreed timescales.
- Educated to degree standard or can demonstrate relevant work experience in a law firm
- Good communication skills including an excellent telephone manner;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The ability to take responsibility for their own workload, to work to tight deadlines on a daily basis and remain calm under pressure;
- Good interpersonal skills, highly organised and reliable, willing and proactive.
This is an excellent opportunity to begin a career in Risk and Compliance in a proactive and enthusiastic team. You will gain an understanding of risk and compliance concepts and have the opportunity to develop the practical skills required to progress in this ever growing industry. For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.