The purpose of the role is to ensure that the business meets their data protection regulatory records and compliance requirements and to provide an efficient...
Our client, a leading internationally focused law firm, seeks a Compliance Assistant on a 12 month fixed term contract basis to cover maternity leave. Their risk and compliance function is expanding and you will be working with a collegiate and supportive compliance team. You will principally assist with KYC, ensuring that the firm complies with a range of money laundering regulations. This will include:
- Opening new client matters;
- Carrying out KYC and risk analysis of new clients;
- Dealing with enquiries from finance, partners, fee earners and support staff re AML checks;
- Supporting the Senior Compliance Officer on day-to-day tasks and projects, providing excellent variety and high levels of responsibility;
- Assisting with high level risk client reviews and development of firm's AML processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar compliance position - experience of AML/KYC directly from a UK law firm is essential
- A Law degree and strong academics
- Strong working knowledge of AML requirements for clients on an international scale
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly numerical individual with strong organisational, time management and multi-tasking skills;
- A flexible approach - willing to work extra hours to assist the team as and when such opportunities arise.
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading law firm with an excellent reputation and be recognised for your compliance experience. The salary for this position is £30,000 - £40,000, subject to experience. For further information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.