This is an excellent opportunity for a Claims Handler to join a leading international firm. The firm encourage career development and are offering a salary...
Our client is a leading international law firm and they are recruiting a Claims Handler/Paralegal to join their professional indemnity team in Bristol.
- Manage a varied professional indemnity caseload under supervision. This will include developing a knowledge of legal issues in respect of a variety of professions as well as building an understanding of each profession's own rules, procedures and regulatory framework
- Conduct review of new cases, completing case checklist to identify coverage issues. Assess liability and quantum and establish strategy for the case
- Draft correspondence to brokers/insureds requesting additional information as required
- Resolve claims through negotiation of settlement, rebuttal of claim and/or declining of cover.
- Maintain ongoing contact with the client throughout the process to report on progress and take further instructions
- Instruct experts and external counsel where appropriate
- Ensure that case management system and hard copy files are updated with diary dates as required by the case
- Assume responsibility for quality control and client protocol compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of record keeping, file management and management reporting and information
- Graduate calibre with an excellent academic record
- Previous experience of working as a claims paralegal or similar within the field of professional indemnity is desirable.
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge/previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage.
- Client focused with excellent communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading firm, for more information please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.