New opportunity for a Business Acceptance Team Supervisor to join a leading law firm.Our client is currently looking for a Business Acceptance Team Supervisor to...
Our client is a full service law firm with offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East. They are currently recruiting for a paralegal to join their Real Estate Finance Security team in Exeter which is made up of 17 experienced lawyers, supported by a team of 9 paralegals, administrative assistants and trainees. The team act for Registered Providers of affordable housing, as well as lenders, funders, institutional investors and security trustees, on all aspects of property due diligence work required to secure various finance structures.
- Carry out legal research
- Review initial due diligence information received, including searches results and official copy entries
- Completing and dealing with applications to Land Registry and FCA
- Applying for and processing consents applications
- Filing of deeds, documents, correspondence and other documentation
- Developing filing and document management systems
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents
- Checking of schedules and management of documents
- Preparing and engrossing fixed charges and other documents
- Collating due diligence packs for fee earners, particularly for large scale charging portfolios
- Obtaining copy documents from various local authorities and other third party search providers
- Ordering official copy documents
- Using Land Registry Portal and TM Group (online searches services)
- Assisting with the administration of file archiving and retrieval service
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
- Photocopying and scanning
Experience and skills:
- Knowledge of property law gained from either LPC (advanced property elective) or LLB (essential)
- Previous Paralegal experience essential (in Property desirable)
- Previous experience in dealing directly with clients and an appetite to gain more exposure in this area (essential)
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word and Excel (essential)
- Ability to provide documents to agreed timescales (essential)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.