A leading international firm in Birmingham is looking to recruit a number of temporary paralegals to assist with a large document review project. ...
Our client is an international law firm with over 600 people in multiple locations. Due to expansion, they have a number of roles in their Bristol office - one of these is for a Customer Due Diligence paralegal. Salary will be £18,000 - £20,000 and they offer excellent opportunities for career progression.
This is an excellent opportunity as it is entry level paralegal role so limited experience is needed but a risk & compliance background is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will work directly with the internal Risk and Compliance team on Customer Due Diligence (CDD) requirements. You will be responsible for identifying the CDD requirements for any given matter, carrying out the requisite searches and checks against the parties involved, and reporting to the team. You will work closely with other teams, Partners, the Risk and Compliance team. You will gain a deep understanding of the risk factors which signal a money laundering risk and the questions that need to be answered to assess the risk of the firm being used as a money laundering tool.
Specific tasks will include:
- Management and prompt turnaround of requests for CDD checks
- Carrying out the necessary searches to make a full assessment of the AML risk
- Saving all the search results
- Drafting the CDD report, setting out your findings and conclusions
- Assisting with the ongoing monitoring of on-going high risk matters
- Involvement in the development of a smooth running CDD function through innovation and the contribution of fresh ideas
- Law degree or GDL
- Paralegal experience
- Interest in and aptitude for using and adapting technology to improve efficiency
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office
- Project management / process improvement exposure or experience - desirable
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.