Rare and exciting Legal Director level opening with one of Birmingham's heavyweight national law firms.Our client has a market leading commercial services practice, with a...
My client is a national practice, recognised as one of the largest law firms with a reputation for providing a wide variety of clients with Valued Legal Services.
Their Private Client section offers a full range of personal legal services ranging from simple commoditised matters such as Will writing and conveyancing through to complex matters such as estate management, inheritance tax planning and complex medical negligence claims.
They are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join their expanding Birmingham offering.
The team The Birmingham Court of Protection team currently deals with all aspects of Court of Protection work with a focus on the management of the financial affairs of individuals who lack mental capacity to make decisions themselves. This is a challenging but rewarding area of work and requires dedication from individuals with an aptitude for sensitivity, but often firm approach often with challenging and complex individuals. There is a high level of client contact mostly by telephone but some face to face.
The role They are looking to recruit a Legal Assistant who will be based in their Birmingham office but with some occasional travel across the majority of offices and locations. The successful candidate will focus on providing an exceptional experience for all potential new and existing clients. You will be responsible for providing PA/secretarial support to the Legal Advisors and assisting the team with the day to day administration of all aspect of Court of Protection work.
- This role requires proactive thinking to support the needs of the Legal Advisors and includes but is not limited to the following:-
- Assisting with case progression service including helping to make and progress to completion applications to the Court of Protection.
- Assist in the management of individual's property and financial affairs, including liaising with a number of professionals such as members of the litigation team, case managers, therapists and financial advisors.
- Assist with the preparation of accounts and annual deputyship reports.
- Assist with the preparation of bills of costs.
- Be available to proactively advise as well as respond to clients and assist others involved in case preparation by telephone and in person
For this role, it is required that you have experience of either Private Client or Court of Protection work generally and applications will not be considered without it.
If you have the requisite experience and would like to have a confidential conversation, please contact Paul Shephard at Chadwick Nott.
0121 200 5573
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.