PSL - Commercial Lawyer
Top 50 firm
If you are passionate about the technical aspects of the law and helping lawyers realise their full potential, but want to move away from fee earning, this role could be for you.
Our client, a dynamic international firm, are looking for a Commercial Professional Support Lawyer to join them on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will play a significant role in the firm, as the cornerstone of the legal training program and wider legal skills academy, both in the UK and internationally. The individual will work closely with the existing Commercial Knowledge Lawyer, the Digital Transformations Knowledge Lawyer, the Commercial Partners and other members of the knowledge team.
In this role, you would be:
- In conjunction with the existing Commercial Knowledge Lawyer, develop and maintain an up-to-date and technically excellent collection of Commercial precedent documents, following an assessment of fee earner needs.
- In conjunction with the Commercial Knowledge Lawyer and Digital Transformations Knowledge Lawyer, assist in the preparation of client seminars and client workshops and speak at such seminars and sessions.
- Provide opportunities to leverage the internal training for the use in business development and legal product development
- Undertake a gap analysis of the current law and legal skills training program, and seeking regular feedback and input from the firm's practice groups on the scope and quality of the provision
- collaborate with third party training providers to design and deliver courses tailored for the firm's needs
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- A thorough understanding of UK data protection law and its application to real-life business issues as well as a strong theoretical, practical and up-to-date knowledge of law and regulation in at least one of the following areas: Digital media, Digital regulation, Advertising, marketing and sponsorship, Consumer protection, Telecoms.
- be legally qualified with some practice experience
- a proven track record in the design, delivery, and facilitation of high quality legal and/or legal skills training and programs
- excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate and present well
- an ability to build relationships with our lawyers, L&D staff, external suppliers and clients
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified lawyer who is eager to develop the skills of more junior lawyers.
To be considered, please contact Penny Heighway.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search