Senior Associate Energy, Marine and Natural Resources, London, 4+ PQEThis leading global law firm is seeking an experienced Senior Associate to join its growing Energy,...
Knowledge Lawyer, Energy Transition, 4+ PQE, London
This market leading international practice, is seeking a Professional Support Lawyer to join its global Projects, Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Practice in London. The practice has long been recognised as one of the largest worldwide, has achieved multiple accolades and regularly appears in the 'top tier' in the major legal directories. It has an enviable client base including sponsors, project and construction companies, debt providers and governments across a wide range of sectors, including oil & gas, power generation and transmission, social infrastructure, transport, telecoms, waste & water, mining and natural resources.
The team works collaboratively across practice areas such as private capital, sustainability and digitalisation. Its large-scale global presence and specialist skills in this area allows it to provide its clients with a totally integrated service on all aspects of projects work including in respect of project development, deal-structuring, bankability, equity strategy, debt financing and refinancing, infrastructure acquisition financing, hedging, project contracts, construction and regulatory compliance.
Part of the role will involve understanding the EU and also individual country strategies on decarbonisation (subsidies/green fuels/ battery value chain) - as well as a wider global view.
You will be supporting the growth of the Projects, Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Practice, and be responsible for:
- Identifying key developments in the practice area globally and how these impact the practice as well as clients
- Maintaining up to date precedents and practice documents
- Designing and delivering training programmes for colleagues and clients about legal and market developments
- Developing the firm's Knowledge Management systems and promoting their use
- Dealing with specific fee earner requests and queries on legal and commercial matters
- Horizon scanning and researching legal and market related material and providing analysis
- Identifying and sharing market developments affecting the practice and producing materials and summaries
- Ensure know-how documentation is maintained in line with global legal and practice developments
- Testing and implementing legal tech, AI and related tools to assist in the development of training and knowledge support materials
- Developing client relationship initiatives by combining detailed knowledge in energy projects/infrastructure finance with an understanding of the firm's clients' current and future business needs.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 4 years PQE, preferably in England & Wales
- Have previous fee earner or PSL/Knowledge Lawyer or equivalent experience within in an energy projects/infrastructure practice or in-house with a lender or in a similar commercial environment
- Be a self-starter with the desire and ability to acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Have a willingness to work outside your comfort zone and maintain a global mind-set
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an attention to detail
- Exhibit sound judgement and an ability to deliver clear solutions to complex issues
- Have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and be an enthusiastic team player
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global heavy weight in an exciting and growing area, be involved in operational, strategic and client facing initiatives, and become a respected and trusted adviser.
Excellent benefits package and salary also on offer.
To be considered, please get in touch with Louise Carroll on 020 3946 8091 or 07909 450390 or email@example.com
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.