The Knowledge Lawyer will work with the Global DR lawyers focused on major projects (including engineering, construction, energy and public procurement) as well as coordinating...
The team advises major contractors, governments and state owned entities, utilities, oil and gas majors, investors and end-users at all stages of the lifecycle of major projects from structuring, procurement, contract administration and claims management during execution of the project and formal dispute resolution procedures including expert determination, adjudication, mediation, litigation and arbitration, as well as risk management on the acquisition or disposal of interests in individual projects or portfolios.
- You will play a key role in developing and, where appropriate, delivering, client training, with the opportunity to build your own client relationships and promote the market leading position and technical expertise of the practice.
- To act as an internal advisor/consultant to fee-earners working, particularly supporting junior lawyers in developing their expertise and understanding of major projects.
- To deliver and contribute to internal training sessions.
- To take an innovative and continuous improvement approach to the management of Knowledge.
- To monitor proactively key legal and market developments and disseminate to relevant fee earners globally, identifying opportunities for the MPI group.
(please request job spec for a more comprehensive list of responsibilities)
- Have a very sound knowledge of law and market practice in the field of major projects - contentious and non-contentious.
- Have a strong interest and good understanding of the law as it relates to major projects (for example construction, infrastructure, energy and/or other government funded projects).
- Understand the regulatory, legal and commercial challenges companies face when delivering major projects and the innovations impacting on their work.
3 days/week (may by flexible on this).
For more information about this or other part-time / flexible and/or PSL opportunities in the market, please contact Houdah Al-Hakim at Chadwick Nott 0203 096 4559.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.