Our client is a leading law firm in the South East. They are seeking a compliance officer to join their established practice.The successful candidate will...
I'm currently working exclusively with a global manufacturing business to recruit a legal Compliance Specialist to join their established in-house legal team.
Based in Gloucestershire the client is looking for a highly motivated individual to help develop, direct, monitor and maintain the Company's compliance and ethics program. Under the supervision of the Manager-Compliance, this person will provide systems support, data analysis, and operational support within the Compliance team. The successful candidate would be expected to support the businesses to ensure compliance with a range of UK law and regulations including (amongst other things) GDPR, Immigration, Money Laundering/KYC, Modern Slavery, Anti-tax Evasion and Gender Pay Gap reporting.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company's businesses, culture and values and use the knowledge to help maintain an effective compliance program.
- Build trust and develop effective relationships with key stakeholders in all business units and corporate functions.
- Champion the Company's values as the foundation for the compliance program.
- Assist in regular compliance risk assessments to assess potential areas of compliance vulnerability.
- Monitor regulatory changes and trends in key risk areas to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Assist in creating training to communicate compliance policies and ethics messaging to Company associates.
- Align compliance policies and procedures to address the most significant risks to the Company, monitor compliance reporting program and identify opportunities to continuously improve the program.
- Where appropriate, liaise with applicable government agencies relating to breach notifications, queries and investigations.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders in departments that have responsibility for compliance programs relating to their respective areas of expertise to ensure departments are fulfilling compliance responsibilities (including Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Labor Relations, Environmental, Health and Safety, Information Technologies, and Procurement.
- Assist with investigations into issues raised through compliance monitoring and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified solicitor
- Working knowledge of UK law, regulations and best practices.
- Ability to partner with international business partners to drive compliance initiatives
- Two or more years of compliance related work experience, developing compliance policies, procedures and training programs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (<10%)
- Strong project management skills and ability to work with a degree of autonomy and prioritize and drive forward multiple initiatives in timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport and credibility within company.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner effectively across business units and locations.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, strategic, innovative and detail-oriented.
A highly competitive salary is on offer plus a guaranteed bonus and car allowance
For more information email@example.com
0121 200 5576
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.