A new locum opportunity has arisen in Surrey for a Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer with a local authority legal team. This is an ongoing,...
A new locum opportunity has arisen in Surrey for a Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer with a local authority legal team.
This is an ongoing, full time assignment. Part time applications will still be considered on a case by case basis.
The post holder will join a team of experienced lawyers and advise on range of matters pertaining to contracts and procurement. Initially the primary focus of this contract will be upon procurement.
Duties will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of agreements, including: collaboration, partnership, funding, affiliation, and shared services agreements, joint ventures etc.
- Advising on procurement law matters, including: EU public procurement directives, public contracts regulations, governance, social care and health, IT, framework agreements, OJEU notices, ITT and commissioning
- Handling social care and health commercial matters including: procurement advice, tender documentation, housing projects, contract management, suspension/termination notices and national health services act agreements
- Providing a legal service with regards to State Aid and competition
To be successful in this post you will need:
- A qualification as a solicitor, barrister or legal executive
- Thorough knowledge of contract law, local government law, EU regulations, TUPE, best value and partnering concepts
- Significant experience of advising on, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, including standard service and maintenance contracts and building and engineering contracts.
- Evidence of ability to analyse, problem-solve and manage complex matters at a senior level without supervision and to work closely with other council officers and members
Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but as a guideline a bracket of £30- £45 per hour has been discussed (inside IR35).
For further details or to make an application please contact Claire Watt at Chadwick Nott on 0161 8285407 to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.