Our client a global science and tech organisation are looking to hire a Interim Legal Counsel for an initial 6 month period.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing, on an interim basis, high-quality legal services and supporting the management and mitigation of legal and compliance risks for the manufacturing and refining businesses within the business unit.
- Provide the full range of legal advice to the Business.
- Quickly develop a good knowledge of the legal aspects of the Business, and understand the strategic objectives of the Business in order to provide pro-active, risk-based, pragmatic and focused legal advice.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of legal documents and commercial contracts both in the UK and internationally, with varying levels of complexity. This may include sale/purchase agreements for both goods and services, joint development agreements, refining agreements, distributor/agency agreements, contractor terms and various international deals. Advise on all legal aspects of such commercial arrangements.
- Support the implementation of a wide range of improvement projects within the legal team and within the Businesses, including to improve efficiency and effective use of technology to deliver legal support.
- Work closely with other members of the legal team and IP team globally to ensure global consistency in legal and compliance risk management for the Businesses.
- Provide, manage or coordinate (as appropriate) advice to the Business in respect of ethics and compliance matters working closely with Group Ethics and Compliance. .
- Carry out risk assessments within the Business to identify and assess exposure to contractual and legal compliance risks.
- Implement and maintain standard form documents and procedures.
- Manage with support from specialist counsel dispute and negotiation of dispute settlements / litigation management.
- Manage specialist legal services provided by external firms, such as non-UK advice on commercial, litigation, and environmental law, set budgets for advice presented by these firms in accordance with Group guidelines and managing that legal spend.
- At least 7 years broad legal experience gained in a leading firm, and prior experience in an in-house role. Holds current practising certificate.
- Previous experience of working in an international environment and across multiple business units simultaneously
- Experience dealing with Compliance matters
- Experience working within a manufacturing business with complex supply chains
- Exposure to intellectual property and competition law
This role will initially be for 6 months and will then be reviewed. Rate up to £550pd (via Ltd co or Umbrella company - Inside IR35) or £420pd PAYE.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted