Our client, a leading FMCG company require a LegalCounsel. This will initially be offered on a 8 month fixed term contract basis.
- Business Partnering
- Enable achievement of groups business objectives by pro-active fit for purpose legal support and advice that delivers brilliant execution and outcome-orientated solutions while appropriately managing and mitigating the associated legal risks and driving holistic performance to protect and maintain reputation
- Risk Management
- Support the critical compliance agenda and practices which drive holistic performance to protect and maintain reputation in GB with pro-active input into preventative actions to address key business risks, manage issues to mitigate impact
- Manage risk in critical competition law area by providing day-to-day advice on antitrust issues in relation to trade term structures, and individual customer relationships and contracts, in context of groups leadership position in product categories and providing relevant legal and compliance training to GB business teams, including regular refresher sessions
- Cost Management
- Contribute to overhead and cost-savings by effectively managing end-to-end legal spend for GB Demand business
- Legal Function Leadership
- Liaise with relevant specialist lawyers within group in particular Competition Law Counsel, Data Privacy and IP Counsels
- Work closely with all Europe Legal team and in particular coach and support Counsel GB, EPM & Ireland Marketing
- Lawyer qualified in England & Wales (or equivalent jurisdiction), with relevant commercial legal practice experience (at least 4/5 years PQE) gained in leading law firm and/or relevant in-house experience
- Proven track record of managing wide legal and compliance agenda, complex legal transactions and dealing effectively with external legal service providers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of legal issues relevant to the commercial business in GB, in particular strong understanding of competition law and strong commercial contract drafting and analytical skills.
This role will initially be offered as a fixed term contract for 8 mths paying £85K (pro rata) + generous package including bonus and car allowance.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.