Working for leading provider of specialist tertiary education and reporting to The Head of Legal, you will undertake a broad ranging role in a collegiate...
My client are a multinational tech and telecoms organisation who are seeking an Interim Assistant Head of Corporate Secretariat for a role due to last 12 months.
This individual will be responsible for managing the Corporate Secretariat team, with accountability for promoting an environment of strong corporate governance and ensuring the organisation complies with statutes and regulatory obligations in the UK and US.
- Management of all Corporate Secretariat operations to ensure best practice governance and compliance for the Group Plc and its subsidiaries
- Disclosure Committee - Lead the organisation and management of the Disclosure Committee
- Annual Report- Responsibility for drafting and co-ordinating with the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary the Corporate Governance Section and Shareholder Information sections of the Annual Report, working closely with the IR and External Reporting team on the content and design of the annual report.
- Project management of the AGM - Production of notice of meeting, co-ordination with Events, IR and Media teams on the event, responding to proxy advisor's voting reports.
- Advisory: Advising the Group Board and its committees on new legislation and other relevant topics through drafting Board-level papers on governance developments.
- Subsidiary governance: Continual review of the subsidiary governance model to ensure maximum efficiencies.
- Operational experience: Experience in managing a Corporate Secretariat for a plc, to ensure delivery of all regulatory requirements and core cosec processes
- Technical knowledge: Strong technical knowledge of the UK Companies Act, Corporate Governance Code and UK listing rules (US experience is an advantage, but not essential).
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership: Leadership qualities which are consistent with the groups vision, values and behavioural expectations, including promoting the highest possible professional standards
- ICSA qualified
- At least 8 years recent experience in a Corporate Secretariat function, including time with a plc
- Team management with experience of managing change
Pay rate subject to experience, contractors will likely be asked to engage via an Umbrella company.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.