Our client a well known brand within the tech & telecoms sector require an Interim Legal Counsel to assist on a transformation project until the end of March 2020 (possible extension)
The purpose of the role will be to drive the Legal engagement on a complex IT platform migration, which will impact Business customers. There will be a need to contribute to the design requirements for the new platforms and work closely with the team to advise them on the correct approach to managing the migration from a legal perspective. Alongside this you will be working alongside Senior Counsel and Counsel in providing specialist and expert legal advice and support on commercial and contractual matters to the teams.
- Responsibility for identifying risk resulting from the introduction of new IT systems and the migration of customers.
- Reviewing customer agreements, extracting relevant information and provide commercially pragmatic advice to the business on risks to help shape strategy.
- Working with the project team to design and implement mitigation against identified risks.
- Consider how new IT systems can be designed to improve customer experience with a specific focus on the contract and the contract lifecycle.
- Liaison with the Regulatory teams, Commercial teams and UK Product Team as necessary to deliver any new or updated contract templates to facilitate the new IT system
- Technology, Service, Finance, Frameworks etc., influencing and assisting in discussions with such personnel to ensure the best legal solution to meet commercial objectives.
Key Competencies & Requirements:
- Sound commercial and legal judgement.
- Ability to assimilate complex business processes and tools in order to assess and advise stakeholders on the legal implications.
- Experience of supporting teams implementing major IT projects.
- Ability to devise innovative solutions and lead change management.
- Experience working in a commercial environment with the aptitude to quickly understand legal processes
- Experience working in change management or project management, with a proven track record of delivering business and process improvements
The role is based in Newbury, and there maybe some flexibility to work outside of the office on occasion but the role would ideally require a "hands on" approach and to be available on-site.
Pay rate subject to experience, £600 - £700 a day via Ltd or Umbrella co.
If you have the skills and experience in a similar type of transformation project please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.