Leading IT Company seeks an additional lawyer to work across a range of high profile contracts. Current joint ventures are with major global IT Companies...
A global financial services organisation based in London, are looking for a Sanctions Adviser on a 3 mth Interim basis.
The Sanctions Adviser will be part of the global Financial Crime Team, a specialist unit in the Compliance function. The Sanctions Adviser will report to the Sanctions Director and have global responsibilities, working with business, Legal and Compliance colleagues around the world.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Approve or decline sanctions referrals from the business and respond to other general sanctions enquiries
- Respond to export control queries including applying for licences from DIT where necessary
- Liaise with external legal counsel on sanctions and export control queries where necessary
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of all sanctions and export controls rules, regulations and legislation, reporting any significant developments to the Sanctions Director and Sanctions Team.
- Experience in the financial services industry - preferably in the FS sector
- Strong understanding of sanctions law and regulations (predominantly EU, UK UN and OFAC) to a variety of practical scenarios.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
The role is initially offered on a 3 mth temp basis and will pay circa £190 - £215 per day (ltd co) equivalent to 50K per annum.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.