Working for a cutting edge British clinical AI company listed on the AIM market. This healthcare technology company creates value from accelerating the discovery and development of new medicines and improving patient care through the analysis of real-world evidence from large databases of anonymised patient data in collaboration with NHS trusts. Reporting to an ex-magic circle and big Pharma General Counsel, you will be the second lawyer at this fast growing company and be able to hit the ground running. You will be equally adept at working as part of a team and individually in a collegiate culture.
The position would suit solicitors with up to six year's post-qualified experience ideally in a leading UK law firm, or medical technology / life sciences company.
This health business spans a diverse range of sectors including life sciences, technology, big data and machine learning, healthcare and academia. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising in relation to a number of domestic and international commercial and corporate contracts and matters spanning these sectors including:
- Medical Device and other technology license agreements (inward and outward) and associated matters including O.S.S. issues.
- Software development agreements.
- Technology reseller and other distribution agreements.
- Pharmaceutical and academic research collaboration agreements.
- MSAs and other procurement and supply agreements.
- Various agreements with NHS Trusts and other overseas hospitals and other healthcare organisations.
- Employment and consultancy agreement and related matters; and
- Equity related agreements.
- Learning agility and attitude are more important than experience, so anyone with an interest in the sector and a willingness to learn should apply.
Desirable experience, yet not mandatory is detailed below:
- Experience in drafting and negotiating and commercial contracts, including technology licensing, SaaS, Cloud and other technology contracts
- Knowledge of Medical Device Regulation and matters relating to medical device software products
- Experience of big data, data licensing, and data privacy
- Fluent in legal English (verbal and written), and an excellent communicator, with a strong ability to distil complex legal issues into plain English
- Robust and confident individual with a high degree of emotional intelligence
Above all, enthusiasm and a passion for the interface of healthcare and technology: combined with a curious and an enquiring mind are key to success at this pioneering company.
In light of the current Covid-19 situation and rapidly changing work patterns, this pioneering company is very happy to employ someone on a 100% remote working basis. Ad-hoc meetings in Oxford will be required and it is envisaged that employees will be within a 2-2.5 hour drive at most. If you live further afield and are keen on the role, please do still apply if you are able with the travel that would result.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 07919-293-351 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted