Working for leading chartered professional body that operates within the financial services sector: this is a newly created role that reports to The Legal Director....
Global industrial engineering company that covers EMEA from the Surrey HQ is seeking a lawyer to the join the team. Reporting to the Legal Director, you will be keen to work on large complex contracts involving a range of jurisdictions that will often be major Government sponsored projects both in the UK and throughout EMEA. The successful candidate will provide legal advice and support to the business unit at all levels and across a broad range of proposals and commercial contracts. A strong technical ability and the willingness to work under pressure in a global company is a requirement. Previous exposure to an in-house role is advantageous with experience in dealing with in-house sales teams and senior management, as well as external customers on proposal documents, head contracts, subcontracts and joint ventures, with experience of PFI and PPPs helpful. Equally, this role is an excellent opportunity to leave a leading law firm and join a highly regarded in-house legal team. Candidates from a commercial, IT, projects, PFI or construction background will all be given equal consideration. Some familiarity with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act would be very useful.
Ideally the candidate should have:
- experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- familiarity with a broad range of corporate legal issues affecting the business, including limits of liability, indemnities, warranties and intellectual property;
- strong written and oral communication skills, including experience dealing with business executives and clients;
- excellent organisational, presentation and process skills, with the ability to follow through on numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- ability to work well independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and an ability to participate in a highly collaborative team environment
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.