EMEA focused employment role for a large international engineering company that operates across several sectors. Reporting to the Legal Director, you will undertake principally employment...
Expanding B to B telecoms company that counts numerous bulge bracket and global organisations amongst its client base requires an additional lawyer to join the team. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, you will undertake a broad ranging role that will include:
* Provide proactive legal support and sound commercial and legal advice across all areas, including commercial, corporate, technical, operational, IP, regulatory and employment for all areas of the business and to country managers and respective teams;
* Be the "go to" lead for drafting, negotiating and finalising key sophisticated tech and other complex commercial contracts, covering IoT, general software and cloud agreements, technology, SaaS, licensing, DPAs, support agreements and SLAs, sales and supply agreements;
* Identifying and assessing risk and advising the business accordingly in a fast moving environment and taking full account of regulatory and legal requirements;
* Supporting where required on network, MVNO, partner and telco agreements and issues;
* Working with our wider team on any IPR issues, patent and trademark infringements and domain name registration; Monitor and proactively advise on regulatory/compliance, product compliance and consumer laws;
* Actively manage any form of dispute resolution whether relating to commercial, IP, compliance or employment matter;
* Liaising with external counsel internationally to assist in providing effective and cost efficient legal advice and services to the Company;
* Supporting on other legal work streams, including M&A, employment, benefits, regulatory, corporate, governance and compliance;
* There may be some opportunities / requirement for travel and therefore some flexibility is needed. We estimate this would be <10% of your time.
Skills and Experience Required
* Appropriate legal qualifications and experience a pre-requisite. This role requires solid commercial contracts experience within a global environment, including software and tech/telco experience;
* We believe this role would attract candidates with an English law background and around 5-7 years PQE, but are open to applications from candidates with more or less PQE who can demonstrate suitable experience;
* Strong customer focus; develop a rapport with the business teams and become a trusted adviser;
* Ability to work autonomously where required and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively with limited oversight, efficiently and quickly, yet also being able to be a valuable team player;
* Be highly organised and having the ability to prioritise assistance on projects and contracts from inception through to completion all with a strong attention to detail;
* To demonstrate and apply commercial acumen and assess risk in performing an advisory role to all aspects of the business;
* Ability to work remotely with global teams;
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.