Working for a leading technology driven engineering business that delivers a a diverse range of projects and services for the private sector and government clients throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Contracts include EPCM, maintenance and small EPC contracts. Current projects are based throughout the region including: UAE, Oman, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Algeria. Some international travel across the region will be required. Working in the Energy Solutions Business and reporting to the VP Legal, you will provide legal advice and support the business unit at all levels cross a broad range of matters with a strong focus on proposals and commercial contracts. The role will involve day-to-day contractual support to project management teams, liaising with outside counsel and assisting with setting up new legal entities in the region and advising corporate functions including human resources and accounting & finance. The successful candidate will provide advice on and support internal vetting and approval processes in accordance with the company's anti-corruption procedures.
Previous in-house experience is desirable but not mandatory. In particular, experience in dealing with in-house sales teams and senior management, as well as Middle Eastern clients and companies on proposal documents, head contracts, sub-contracts and joint ventures is highly advantageous. Familiarity with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act and the willingness to take part in compliance related work are further requirements for this role.
- Ideally the candidate should have:
- experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements;
- familiarity with a broad range of contractual issues affecting the business unit's activities, including limits of liability, indemnities, warranties and intellectual property;
- experience with claims is desired but not required;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- excellent organisational and presentation skills with the ability to follow through on numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- ability to work well independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and an ability to participate in a highly collaborative team environment.
For a further discussion on this excellent opportunity, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 00-44-0203-096-4549 or 00-44-07919-293351 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.