A broad ranging and hands-on role in a fast growing business that is based in West London and affords very easy access from the neighbouring...
Software License Compliance Manager - Reading or London
EMEA focused role at a global IT Company that has grown both organically and inorganically in recent years. In an EMEA focused role, you will work as part of a highly regarded team. The Compliance Manager is responsible for systematically engaging customers who utilize the company's software to ensure that the customer's use of the software is within its licensed software entitlements. If a customer is found to be using software that is not fully licensed, the Compliance Manager conducts negotiations and prepares appropriate license contracts necessary to resolve all aspects of the non-compliance.
Other objectives include protecting the value of the company's intellectual property, protecting and enhancing customer relationships, and serving as resident experts of software licensing.
You are accomplished at:
- Develop, maintain, and execute a product or regional specific compliance engagement strategy and process that balances the protection of the company's intellectual property, customer relationships, revenue recovery, and other cross functional needs.
- Develop and maintain related product use questionnaires to be used during compliance assessments.
- Review the effectiveness of compliance tools, and drive the development of new features and functionality as necessary in order to improve compliance coverage.
- Identify key team members (and maintain these relationships) who will contribute specific technical expertise (database queries, custom reports, product understanding, etc.) for customer compliance assessments.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess product, contract, and relationship specific risk factors for each customer engagement. Analyse contractual, financial, and other documentation to understand customer entitlements.
- Manage customer engagements with primary responsibility for all phases of assessment from initial interactions to close-out of each assessment.
- Negotiate appropriate resolution of non-compliance issues directly with customer and internal stakeholders.
- When needed, engage 3rd party audit resources to conduct onsite audits and maintain effective relationships with other compliance team and resources.
- Support customer and internal requests for information related to licensing of software products.
- Maintain an appropriate communication plan with business management and key stakeholders to inform them with details of upcoming audits and assessment results and activity.
What it takes:
- Experience in software industry with both technical and contractual exposure.
- Strong understanding of software technology, licensing, and controls with ability to understand and interpret nuances of software license agreements and contracts.
- Good understanding of business processes in large companies.
- Up to 10% travel required
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.