Leading financial services company that operates across a broad range of financial products now seeks to augment its team with the hire of an additional...
Reporting to the General Counsel at this rapidly expanding industrial group, that operates nationwide and has ambitions for a flotation in the medium term. As the 2nd lawyer to join the company, you will undertake a broad ranging commercial role with some corporate work from time to time when acquisitions are being undertaken. This role offers direct exposure to the CEO and offers a self-starter to grow with the company and make a highly visible impact with his/her actions.
Key duties include:
- Assist the Group General Counsel to grow the in-house team and develop a best-in-class legal service provider to complement the business' growth ambitions.
Principal areas of focus for the role will involve advising in respect of:
- commercial arrangements relating to various types of supply, purchasing, logistics, rail, marine, materials handling and commercial joint ventures;
- construction and infrastructure projects; and
- M&A and general corporate matters.
- Assist with regulatory matters that may arise involving the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agency or the Competition and Markets Authority.
- The role will require a close working relationship with the various business divisions, which shall enhance an appreciation of the practical operational risks faced and emphasise where value is best provided from a legal perspective.
- The successful candidate may, to an extent, have sufficient flexibility to develop the role in a manner that benefits both themselves and the business.
- The role will be based in the Executive Office in Central London, with travel to offices and sites across the UK being work-dependent.
- Commercial/corporate experience is essential for this role and construction experience would be a plus.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.