Leading Industrial Group that operates across both the defence and civilian markets requires and an additional lawyer to join the team. Reporting to the General...
Leading Industrial Group that operates across both the defence and civilian markets requires and an additional lawyer to join the team. Reporting to the General Counsel for Defence and Land, you will provide legal support and advice to the Defence Business Unit and to other parts of the business, primarily for the Defence Business Unit but also across the Land Sector and wider Group, as required. This is a broad ranging role where you will work directly with senior bid managers, procurement and Business Management Boards on very large and complex deals. Your actions will be highly visible to senior management.
Key duties will include:
- Provision of legal support and advice to bid, commercial and procurement teams
- Drafting and advising on complex commercial contracts and matters arising in connection with those contracts, including potential disputes
- Advising on and supporting the development of internal business processes
- Development and implementation of and monitoring adherence to compliance programmes
- Development and delivery of training to the business as required in specific areas of law/compliance
- Legal reporting in line with Group and Sector requirements
The main external relationships will be with:
- External counsel
- Customer and customer representatives
This role requires candidates to have worked on government procurement contracts . This experience will either have been obtained at a leading City Law Firm or in-house. This role offers an excellent first move from a private practice for a mid-level associate or an excellent 2nd in-house move to a large industrial group, or you main have trained and qualified in-house and looking for a new challenge. The pqe level is only a guide and candidates with more or less experience equivalent to the role will be given equal consideration
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.