Broad ranging and hands-on role at a large insurance company that is owned by a multi-national Financial Services Company. Based in Reading and reporting to...
Broad ranging and hands-on role at a large insurance company that is owned by a multi-national Financial Services Company. Based in Reading and reporting to the Head of Legal, you will undertake a broad ranging role. A major new development is the imminent launch of new motor insurance products via new marketing channels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Documentation/Non-Contentious Work
- Draft, amend, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including Distribution Agreements, Introducer Agreements, IT Contracts and other Supplier Contracts.
- Draft and negotiate bespoke documentation where required for new projects and initiatives.
- Amend and review documentation when required by legislative or regulatory changes.
- Provide legal advice in an insurance context.
- Provide legal advice on specific or strategic projects.
- Deal with routine legal enquiries raised.
- Responding to queries from the Parent Company.
- Assist with legal claims brought by/against any group company.
- Participate in departmental "Legal and Regulatory Developments" meetings and assist in ensuring we comply with all relevant developments.
- Use the most appropriate means of communication.
- Explain complex and/or technical information clearly and accurately.
Currently working either in-house or in private practice, you will have strong experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. Experience of drafting and negotiating IT contracts is desirable but not mandatory, as is an understanding of financial services/insurance sector regulatory issues.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.