A marketing leading niche player within the credit card sector is now seeking a legal counsel to undertake a hands-on and broad ranging role.The Legal...
A marketing leading niche player within the credit card sector is now seeking a legal counsel to undertake a hands-on and broad ranging role.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing accurate and timely legal advice to management on a variety of legal matters and ensure adherence to the legal requirements of the business in Europe and other associated markets, and minimise the risk exposure of the business. The role also acts as the Company Secretary to the Board of Directors. Their scope of responsibility will include but not limited to commercial law (e.g. commercial and contractual agreements), statutory and regulatory laws and employment legislation. The position is the local legal Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will work closely with the branch offices in Europe, departments in the European Headquarters (EHQ) and external legal service providers/advisors.
- Recognised as a subject matter expert for legal and regulatory matters in Europe that impacts the business
- Advise on legal and regulatory matters relating to but not limited to payments, financial services and employment
- Assist with legal queries and provide guidance as they arise; demonstrating a strong technical knowledge and detailed legal proficiency in promptly resolving such matters
- Supporting the business in examining opportunities such as: expansion into new jurisdictions; examining new partnerships; developing new product or service offerings.
- Produce legal reviews/analyses any policy and/or regulation changes that impacts our business in Europe.
- Draft and review agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights, working collaboratively with the relevant departments and THQ
- Ensuring all internal legal templates, policies and guidelines are understood, implemented and are up to date regarding applicable legislation.
- Assisting with enquiries from regulators and other regulatory matters (by way of example, compliance requirements and audits).
- Assisting with and advising on corporate governance documentation and outsourcing arrangements.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external legal service providers whilst at all times complying with internal policy in respect of engagement of counsel and management of legal spend.
- Establishing and monitoring systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business can comply with internal policies and external regulations and legal risks can be managed
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient legal risk management strategies
- Continually monitor changes in the legal and regulatory environment that affect the business in Europe, report to EHQ
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Provide reports as requested by management on a timely basis
- Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in the European branches, EHQ, and HQ
- Travel as required to perform business activities
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management and to meet business needs
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.