This leading law firm is looking for a talented commercial disputes lawyer with experience of handling significant disputes for major corporate clients and an interest...
Leading energy service business is now seeking an additional lawyer with broad ranging responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing effective and efficient legal advice on all aspects of commercial contracts and projects to support both the regulated and rapidly growing unregulated businesses.
- Establishing relations with key business partners including Procurement, Commercial, Operations, IT and Innovation teams by maintaining and enhancing current relationships and ways of working.
- To review, draft and lead in the negotiation of commercial contracts and legal documentation and advise on their contents, mainly in relation to (i) the company regulated supply chain including labour and material supply frameworks (ii) unregulated commercial project/construction work; (iii) corporate back office support, such as IT, outsourcing and telecommunications; and (iv) support of the contract management of the above.
- To liaise with and persuade senior managers and directors in the negotiation of contracts.
- Educating the business in relevant legal issues and raising awareness levels across the group, including attending and advising at internal and external meetings and chairing those meetings as required.
- To assist in the mentoring and development of more junior team members.
- Instruct, assist and manage external sources of legal advice via panel firms as required.
- Updating and maintaining standards form documentation, guidance notes etc and ensuring the retention and dissemination within the legal function of know how.
- Ensuring that all business is conducted in accordance within its statutory powers and licence, internal governance and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Making legal recommendations to assist with business decisions and assisting the business assess and manage the risk.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will:
- be a UK qualified lawyer or equivalent with at least 3 years PQE* with in-depth knowledge of one or more of commercial, supply chain, procurement law (ideally Utilities Contract Regulations) and projects gained in either in-house or private practice (although some exposure to an in-house environment would be preferable it is not essential).
- have good commercial sense;
- have strong communication skills being skilled and credible in presenting to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- have strong negotiation skills;
- have strong interpersonal, organisational and project management skills, able to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation;
- a thoughtful and practical approach to problem solving with the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- possess the ability to deliver pragmatic solutions to the wider business on complex commercial issues; and
- highly motivated and efficient with a preparedness to learn new areas of law.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.