Leading design and build contractor that undertakes both commercial development and large construction projects in both the public and private sectors. The UK Legal Team...
Leading international engineering company seeks an additional lawyer to join the team. The work is EMEA focused and some overseas travel may be required.
The successful candidate will provide legal advice and support to the business unit at all levels and across a broad range of proposals and commercial contracts. Strong technical ability and the willingness to work under pressure in a global company are core requirements. Previous exposure to an international in-house role is preferable, including experience in dealing with in-house sales teams and senior management , as well as external customers on proposal documents, head contracts, subcontracts and joint ventures. Oil and gas experience is highly advantageous as the business unit handles a number of EPC contracts, as well smaller consultancy contracts, PMC, FEED, detailed design and EPCM, so a mixture of large and small. Experience of joint ventures and complex commercial contracts is highly desirable along with experience of working with customers in the Middle East and/or Central Asia and familiarity with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act being advantageous.
Ideally the candidate should have:
- experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements;
- familiarity with a broad range of l contractual issues affecting the business unit's activities, including limits of liability, indemnities, warranties and intellectual property;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- excellent organisational and presentation skills with the ability to follow through on numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- ability to work well independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and an ability to participate in a highly collaborative team environment.
The PQE for this role is used as a guide, therefore candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role will be given equal consideration.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.