Based in Bristol, my client is an organisation that has experienced exceptional growth over the last 10 years. A leader in their field with a...
Head of Legal - Operations and Projects (Commercial)
Our client, a top household brand based in Wiltshire, seeks a Senior Commercial Lawyer to join them as Head of Legal to join their Operations and Projects team.
This is a 9-12 month interim role paying a competitive day rate.
This role requires a technically excellent and pro-active in-house lawyer to provide commercial, regulatory and contract law advice to the group. You will manage a large team of both Senior and Legal Counsel and as such management skills and previous experience of managing a team is required.
- Engage with The Groups Commercial teams facilitating the global legal advice for product launches
- Build strong relationships with The Groups business partners, including Procurement, IT, Finance and Research, Design and Development, and manage the provision of daily support to them
- Manage and develop a team of enthusiastic, talented and skilled in house counsel
- Provide expert, ethical and pragmatic advice and support on commercial, regulatory and contract issues across the business
- Proactively identify arising risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions
- Supervise the team with (and from time to time draft and negotiate) contracts
- Support and advise on tender processes across the business, particularly in manufacturing, IT and on capital equipment projects
- Provide input into contract control processes and reviewing and maintaining precedent documents which is managed by the teams PSL
- Manage contract disputes with third parties
- Deliver relevant legal training programmes
You will be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of 7 years PQE and have gained previous in-house experience.
The successful candidate must have a sound understanding of all aspects of commercial law and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a business environment. Previous management experience is essential.
You must be a skilled communicator and capable of interacting with the business at all levels. Strong technical ability and excellent drafting and negotiation skills in a variety of commercial agreements is essential. Prior in-house and technology experience is not necessary but would be beneficial.
This role comes with great responsibility and provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and contribution as part of a dynamic and ambitious in-house legal team.
Please note this role is Inside IR35.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail please contact Bianca Gibbs at Chadwick Nott on 07769241524 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.