Excellent opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant to join a top tier firm in the beautiful city of Bath.This is a fantastic opportunity to join an...
Residential conveyancing Paralegal
Excellent opportunity for an experienced residential conveyancing paralegal / legal assistant to join a well-established law firm with over 30 years' experience. The firm has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength and depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals.
Based in the firmly highly regarded property team in Aztec West, Bristol you will be reporting to the Head of Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of communications, contracts and documents as instructed by Fee Earner
- Processing new matters using case management system
- Providing conveyancing quotations
- Using the Land Registry portal for all appropriate elements in the conveyancing process
- Preparation of contract exchanges and completions in accordance with the Law Society formulae and preparing completion statements.
- Carrying out conveyancing searches. Completing and submitting on-line SDLT forms.
- Carrying out general office duties, including filing, faxing, photocopying and e-mailing.
- Answering telephone calls efficiently and politely and taking messages, updating solicitors, clients, brokers and estate agents as necessary.
- Assisting in general office administration duties, when necessary.
- Closing and archiving files when matter is completed. Check nil balance with Accounts and confirming destruction date with fee earner.
- Liaising with clients on all aspects of their cases, including meeting with them independently on a face to face basis to deal with minor issues.
To apply for this role you should have a law degree or equivalent and experience of working in conveyancing
In return the firm is offering a competitive salary and benefits package as well as genuine opportunities for progression.
For further details and to apply please contact Briony at Chadwick Nott.
01179 171 874
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.