A well regarded firm in central Cardiff is looking to recruit a Legal Assistant to join them on a temporary basis starting asap. ...
Our client is a leading law firm with one of the largest Real Estate practices and a varied portfolio of work. They are currently seeking a Legal Assistant on a fixed term 12 month contract to be based in Cardiff, the team focuses on advising commercial real estate clients particularly within the corporate real estate, investor, finance and energy sectors.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with day to day transactional work. The work will be primarily landlord and tenant, with a large degree of responsibility for routine estate management transactions but you will also be required to assist with disposals and acquisitions.
- Updating client reports, responding to client deeds queries, dealing with the administration of those title deeds and preparing title and lease reports.
- Assisting with the management of project data rooms.
- Preparing title packs and replies to Commercial Property Standard Enquiries.
- Undertaking post completion work by preparing SDLT forms and making Land Registry applications
Skills and experience:
- You will ideally have completed the LPC
- Paralegal experience in an office environment is important and experience within a real estate department would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of dealing with your own case load and meeting and managing deadlines is desirable.
- You will possess excellent IT skills
- You will be a committed team player with excellent communication and organisational skills as well as being able to meet strict deadlines.
- You will also have the ability to work under pressure in addition to being flexible and resilient.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.