One of the top legal 500 firms based in West Sussex is seeking to boost their team. Joining a well-established and respected corporate practice, you...
Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners rated firm in West Sussex are seeking a paralegal to focus on serious injury work. Their Claims team has established a strong reputation as one of the leaders in the South East for advising on brain and catastrophic injury claims.
In this role you will join a fast-faced, well regarded and successful team. Duties will include:
- Taking initial instructions from potential new clients
- Opening new files and preparing the initial funding documentation
- Advising clients on various funding options available
- Liaising with clients, experts, medical agencies and insurers
- Dealing with fast track portal claims
- Preparing and drafting supporting witness statements
- Drafting Instructions to Counsel and Experts
- Attending initial client meetings / conferences with counsel and minute taking
- Collating, photocopying and preparing bundles of records / documents
- Drafting standard Court documents
- Preparing Schedules of Costs
- Undertaking legal research as necessary
- Undertaking fee estimate reviews and updating clients
Do you have?
- Previous legal work experience in PI, ideally 12 months or more and experience of the MOJ portal
- A genuine interest in PI and the desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- Commercial awareness
- Solid IT skills
- Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with accounts
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage a varied workload
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Excellent client care skills
- Good communication skills
For more information or to discuss this role, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.