RESIDENTIAL CONVEYANCING LAWYER3 + YEARS PQEKENTUP TO £45,000I am working with a long standing Hampshire firm who are looking for a solicitor to join their...
Our client is a leading law firm; This is an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join a busy Defendant Insurance Litigation team based in house within the firm's insurer client at their offices in Folkestone.
This position could be on a fixed term contract or permanent basis and will pay from £17,000 to £27,000 depending on experience. The main purpose of the role will be to provide effective legal advice to clients of the Company in relation to their personal injury and uninsured losses arising from road traffic accidents.
Duties will include:
- Advising the client on best courses of action within the law.
- Efficiently and effectively managing your own caseload of RTA matters.
- Keeping clients and the insurance company informed of progress.
- Keep in line with insurance company SLAs.
- Effective use of the firm's case management system.
- Making informed decisions with regards to quantum/liability.
- Keeping on workload and organising tasks/diary.
You will need to work proactively to settle cases in accordance with the insurer clients' SLAs and have the ability to communicate effectively with both lay and insurer clients as well as other members of the team. A key component of this role is to have the personality and confidence to provide ad hoc advice on an informal basis.
- Law degree/LPC/CILEx or equivalent is desirable
- Ability to deal with all aspects of Defendant motor litigation
- Experience in running a Defendant or Claimant road traffic accident personal Injury caseload
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of dealing with insurer clients is preferable
- Familiarity of using a case management system is preferable
If you are interested in this role, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.