Our client, a publicly listed company, seeks to recruit an in-house lawyer to join their established in-house legal team on a 9-12 month contract. The...
Leading design and build contractor that operates in a broad range of sectors including: offices, schools, hospitals, mixed-use, energy, waste, industrial parks and high-end residential is now seeking an additional lawyer who preferably has some property development experience. This role will require you to be accountable for legal aspects of proposed contracts up to financial close. Key responsibilities will include:
- To advise on legal aspects of proposed contracts / ancillary documents at bid stage and to provide inputs into legal sections of bid submission documents.
- To negotiate and agree legal and commercial issues, terms and conditions including the drafting of bespoke clauses, in conjunction with the commercial team
- To advise on proposed letters of intent/ pre-construction agreements and similar
- To provide legal guidance on existing contracts as and when required
- To advise on legal aspects of proposed and existing subcontracts, appointments, bonds, guarantees, warranties and similar
- To provide solutions to contractual problems
- To review current legislation and regulations and to advise on their potential impact on present and future activities.
- To advise on planned future legislation, regulation and their potential impact on activities.
- To monitor disputes/ potential disputes and collaboration with external advisors (legal/experts etc.)
- To instruct and liaise with external legal advisors and experts.
- To participate as required in legal training programmes for employees
- To ensure that staff adhere to company policies and principles especially with regard to the exposure of company risk.
- To comply with company policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Legal, you will work both autonomously and as part of a collegiate team. This role will require you to work directly with senior project managers on a variety of bids and projects. Currently working at a leading law firm or in-house, you will be keen to develop your skill-set within an a large international company that operates throughout the UK. Candidates with a PFI, Projects or Construction Litigation background who are keen to develop their experience within the property development/construction area are strongly encouraged to apply.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott
0203-096-4549 / email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.